This is a 6-month preparation course for the First German State Exam.
- Its academic structure ensures you to understand and learn the German Law in every detail. It helps students not only pass the exam, but also be better lawyers or jurists in the future.
- You will be learning 3 hours of Civil, Criminal and Public Law for each, every week. Additionally, you will have a Practice Test with a following day of Exam Discussions once every week.
- Deutsche Juristenakademie uses the case method of teaching during all of its classes.
- Case method of teaching is an approach pioneered by Deutsche Juristenakademie and enables our classes to be designed to expose students to challenges and key topics to develop skills and profession for future.
- Deutsche Juristenakademie uses an online learning platform which enables students to study from anywhere and it also provides students with all of the resources that are necessary to learn more effectively.
- DJA Online Learning Platform offers insightful performance analytics for students to track their progress and help achieve higher by identifying the places where they need the most support in their learning journeys.
- DJA Online Learning Platform also provides an online communication tool to enable students to ask questions to lecturers, engage effectively with classmates and also understand the law concepts better through communication and networking.
- DJA has very experienced team experts, lecturers and also fully qualified notaries to support and ensure that all the students to learn all the necessary concepts for their First German State Exam preparation.
Live Weekly Classes
- You will join your classmates in live, online class sessions led by DJA’s lecturers and professors. The recorded class model allows you to review classes at your convenience.
- Students will be able to access the classes, supporting documents, practice exams and all the course material on DJA Learning Management System which will ensure to keep students’ learning experience measurable and organized.
- Students will have the security of interacting with the lecturer of throughout the course.
Law Cases, Juridical acts, legal language and practice exams leading up to First German State Exam are all part of this package.
- 4 sets of 180-minute classes
- 5 hour Practice Exam once a week
3 hour Practice Exam Discussion
- Graduates will receive a Certificate after the completion of the program
- Prior to class, you will log in to the online platform and will be able to complete assignments that will inform class discussions.
- You will be able to access coursework on online from any device.
- In addition to completing online coursework, you will attend weekly Peer Meetings. You will be able to discuss the law cases or problem sets with other members of your cohort. This will help you to work through challenges prior to class and network with your peers.
- There will be one immersion at the end of the program which will be held in person either in Munich or Boston, MA.
- During these in-person experiences, you will meet face-to-face with your classmates, network with faculty and lecturers during events and participate in hands-on guided learning exercises.
- You will be responsible for travel and room and board costs for the immersion. Specific details regarding hotel costs and location may vary based on the cohort.
- As this is a non-degree-bearing program, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for international students attending an immersion.
*While immersions typically take place in-person, the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and related government and university restrictions on travel and gatherings require us to hold several upcoming immersions in virtual format.
Benefits of the Program
- Immersion is an in-person event which will allow all members to meet face-to-face, network with faculty and lecturers during events and participate in hands-on guided learning exercises.
- Students of this program will be able to receive an International Internship Opportunity with global companies and the best and the most exciting law offices around the world
- Graduates of this program will become a member of the Alumni Network of the Deutsche Juristenakademie
- Students of this program will have a Fully Qualified DJA Membership for 1 year
*All of the Deutsche Juristenakademie Programs welcomes participants of all backgrounds and abilities.
**Deutsche Juristenakademie has the right to postpone or cancel the course two weeks after registration. In the case of cancelling, there will be a reimbursement of the tuition.